free classes in the learning & opportunity center
Jubilee has transformed its original Learning and Technology Center (previously open to only residents and alumnae) into a community Learning & Opportunity Center. Thanks to generous funders, including the City of Seattle Department of Information Technology, RealNetworks Foundation, Eulalie Bloedel Schneider Foundation and an anonymous donor, the Learning & Opportunity Center provides a safe and supportive learning environment with 22 computers and a flexible space that allows Jubilee to serve more women in the community. Jubilee residents can earn a Microsoft Office Specialist Certification, a credential that will boost her career development and help her earn a living wage. It also offers the Washington Occupational Information System, a powerful online tool that allows women to explore career options.
Classes include, but are not limited to:
- Job Readiness
- Money Management
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Computers
- Finding & Maintaining Affordable Housing
- Healthy Relationships & Communication
- Setting, Maintaining & Respecting Boundaries
- Conflict Resolution & Cultural Understanding
Free computer lab
New Course Offering in June 2013: Microsoft Office 2010
Are you curious about creating documents, spreadsheets, or presentations but don’t know where to start?
This exciting new class will give you an overview of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as familiarize you with other Microsoft Office program offerings. Throughout this course, you will:
- Learn the basics of each of these programs
- Practice creating simple resumes, budgets and presentations
- Work one-on-one with an instructor to develop your own project that is relevant to your education and/or career goals
- Discuss the tools most often used in the workplace and determine the programs you want to learn more in depth
- Be better prepared to take “Level II” or other advanced technology classes at Jubilee Women's Center
This course will potentially be replacing our introductory Word and Excel classes. This class is 10 sessions. We will meet on a combination of Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:30 on June 11, 13, 20, 25, 27 and July 2, 9, 11, 23, 25.