The Shape of Things to Come Capital and Endowment Campaign was a Watershed Event!
The $5 million campaign allowed Jubilee to make critical structural and mechanical improvements, preserving Jubilee’s primary facility, increasing resident and staff safety and enhancing the quality of resident services. Jubilee’s building, originally built in 1959 as a convent, required significant repairs and renovations to continue to use its space safely and effectively. The campaign also resulted in the creation of the first endowment fund to help sustain Jubilee’s annual operations.
In April, 2004 Jubilee embarked on raising the funds. Foundation and public support played significantly into the campaign efforts and success with significant contributions coming from The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Paul G. Allen Family Foundation, Fortune Family Foundation, City of Seattle Office of Housing, King County, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, Norcliffe Foundation and many more. In June, 2007 Jubilee officially kicked off the construction which was completed in 33 weeks by Buchanan General Contracting and managed by Beacon Development Group with Tonkin/Hoyne/Lokan leading the architecture design. The entire renovation looked like something straight out of Extreme Home Makeover!
Finally, on February 1, 2008, after months of construction and “hard hat tours” Jubilee opened its doors to the community to celebrate with Archbishop Alex J. Brunett blessing the building. Staff and Residents began moving back in February, 2008 and the house is now buzzing at full capacity!
Before: Dining Room
After: Dining Room
Before: Living Room
After: Living Room
Before: Learning & Technology Center
After: Learning & Technology Center